My Business Phone (MBP) respects the privacy of its customers and takes protecting the privacy of its customers seriously. In this policy, "we", “us”, and "our" means Localphone Ltd trading as My Business Phone (MBP). This policy briefly describes the personally identifiable information that we collect from our customers and prospective customers and the steps that we take to safeguard such information. By using any of our services or visiting our websites you agree to our use of your personal information as set out here. If we update this policy, we will post any changes on our website.
Collecting Your Personal Information
We can get your personal information when you:
- Buy a product or service from us
- Ask us for more information about a product or service, or contact us with a question or complaint
- Use our network and other products or services
- Visit or browse our website or other MBP websites
We may also collect information about you from other organisations, if this is appropriate. These include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories and credit reference agencies.
We utilise “cookies” (small text files stored in your browser) in our information gathering process in order to improve the quality of our website and as well as the quality of customer interaction with us throughout the ordering, provisioning, and billing process. Customers may choose to block the use of such “cookies”, though that will make interaction with us less efficient and could limit the availability of certain website features.
The Personal Information We Collect
The information we collect about you depends on the MBP products and services you use and subscribe to. It includes (but isn’t limited to) the following:
- Your name, address, phone number, IP address, email address, and other information required to validate your identity
- Credit or debit card information, or other banking and payment information
- Your preferences for particular products or services when you tell us what they are (for example in surveys) – or when we assume what they are, depending on how you use our products and services
- Your contact with us – such as a note or recording of a call you make to our support, an email or letter you send to us, or other records of any contact you have with us
- Your account information – such as dates of payment received, the subscription services you use, the username you create when registering for our services, or any other information related to your account
We will also get information on how you use our products and services, such as:
- The phone numbers that you call or send messages to (or the phone numbers that you receive these calls and messages from)
- The date, time and length of the calls and messages you send or receive through our network
- The level of service you receive – for example, network faults and other network events which may affect our network services
- Information relating to your use of our website or other MBP websites on your mobile or a PC, and subsequent websites visited. For more information, please see our section on Cookies
- The date, time and length of your internet browsing
Using Your Personal Information
We may use and analyse your information to:
- Process the goods and services you’ve bought from us, and keep you updated with your order progress
- Keep you informed generally about new products and services (unless you choose not to receive our marketing messages)
- Provide the relevant service or product to you
- Contact you with offers or promotions based on how you use our products and services. These include your calling and messaging activities, and browsing information (unless you choose not to receive these messages)
- Bill you for using our products or services, or to take the appropriate amount of credit from you
- Respond to any questions or concerns you may have about using our network, products or services
- For training purposes and quality assurance
- Protect our network and manage the volume of calls, texts and other use of our network. For example, we identify peak periods of use so we can try and ensure the network can handle the volume at those times
- Understand how you use our network, products and services. That way, we can develop more interesting and relevant products and services, as well as personalising the products and services we offer you
- Carry out research and statistical analysis including monitoring how customers use our network, products and services on an anonymous or personal basis
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes, recover debts or trace those who owe us money
We will store your information for as long as we have to by law. If there’s no legal requirement, we will only store it for as long as we need it. We will also keep some personal information for a reasonable period after your contract has finished - just in case you decide to use our services again. We, or one of our partners, may contact you about MBP services during this time if you haven’t opted out of receiving marketing communications from us.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share information about you with:
- Companies in the Localphone Ltd group
- Partners or agents involved in delivering the products and services you’ve ordered or used
- Companies who are engaged to perform services for us, on behalf of us, or the Localphone Ltd group
- Credit reference, fraud prevention or business scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies
- Debt collection agencies or other debt recovery organisations
- Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities if we have to, or are authorised to by law
We will release information if it’s reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers.
If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer any personal information held about you to that organisation.
We may need to transfer your information to other group companies or service providers in countries outside the EEA (European Economic Area). This may happen if our servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside the EEA, or if you use our services and products while visiting countries outside this area. If this is the case we will seek to ensure that similar strict security standards apply and that personal information is transferred to and stored in accordance with UK and applicable laws. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of your personal information.
We will never sell, trade, or disclose personally identifiable information to third parties for unrelated marketing purposes.
MBP has invested in and deployed a variety of technology and security features to protect the privacy of customer information on its network. In addition, MBP has implemented operational guidelines to safeguard customer privacy throughout the company. MBP will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as the emergence of new technologies warrant.
Each customer is responsible for ensuring that the customer’s account information on file with MBP is accurate and current. Customers may access their account information through the log-in procedure on the MBP web-site or by contacting the customer support centre.
MBP does not sell products or services for purchase by children. MBP does not knowingly solicit or collect customer identifiable information from minors under the age of eighteen. In addition, MBP will not knowingly link to any third party web site that solicits or collects customer identifiable information from minors. If you believe that a minor has disclosed personally identifiable information to MBP, please contact us at so that the information can be removed.
Use of MBP facilities for spamming purposes is strictly prohibited. Misuse of MBP facilities will be dealt with seriously and can result in the loss of MBP privileges.